print page


You will require a valid student visa in order to be allowed to enter Germany to study. Nationals of the EU, the USA, and certain other countries are exempt from this regulation.
Student visas are issued by the German consulate in your home country. The following documentation will need to be supplied:

  • Letter of admission to the Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen
  • Proof that sufficient funds are available to finance your study in Germany

For more information regarding student visas and conditions of entry to Germany, please consult the website of the Deutsche Akademische Austauschdienst (DAAD): > Visa Application